A Certificate of Good Standing is the clerk’s office certification that, on the day of the certificate’s issuance, the attorney is an “active” member in good standing of this court’s bar. A fee is required (currently $20).
The fastest method to receive your certificate (for yourself and up to four additional attorneys in a single transaction) is to submit the request and payment via your CM/ECF account. Usually by close of business on the same day or the business day after you docket your request, we can email the certificates for eligible attorneys. To submit a request:
- Verify that you are eligible to receive a Certificate of Good Standing by checking the Active Status Attorneys Lookup Report. (If you plan to request a certificate for one or more additional attorneys, complete Steps 1 and 2 for each additional attorney before proceeding to Step 3.)
- Once you locate the Active attorney’s name, note the state bar number indicated on the report (this is the bar number we were provided when the attorney applied for admission).
- Log into CM/ECF and select the Certificate of Good Standing Request event (located under the Civil menu in the Other Filings category). The event will automatically cause your request to be entered into miscellaneous case number: 6:23-mc-7777. While e-filing, you will be prompted to enter the:
- state bar number(s) noted during Step 2 (so that if more than one attorney has the same name, we identify the correct attorney’s record),
- email address to which the issued certificate(s) should be sent, and
- payment information into the secure Pay.gov interface. (After payment is collected, the event will prompt you to continue clicking until you hit the Submit button to finalize the docket entry. Clicking the Submit button causes our office to be automatically notified of your request. Do not abandon your entry too early or browser back after you have completed the payment screen.)
If you have a question regarding your request for a certificate of good standing, please contact our Attorney Admissions Desk at 903-590-1007.