The United States District Clerk’s Office for the Eastern District of Texas is a public service organization focused on providing exceptional customer service to the court, members of the legal community and the general public. Currently, we are seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to serve as a Case Administrator. There are seven Clerk’s Offices within the Eastern District of Texas: Beaumont, Lufkin, Marshall, Plano, Sherman, Texarkana and Tyler.
• Manage civil and criminal cases from opening to closing in the court’s Case Management/ Electronic Case Filing system (CM/ECF). Review the quality of data entered into the case record. Make corrections to the case record to comply with local and national procedures. Monitor cases to ensure timely progression. Process notices of appeal and appeal-related documents. Perform quality control on attorney-docketed entries.
• Docket, notice and maintain the official case records in compliance with federal and local rules and procedures.
• Complete the required procedural steps and perform necessary quality assurance, noticing, administrative and clerical tasks.
• Assist the public with accessing information in CM/ECF and pre-electronic records, which includes archive information for closed cases and copies of documents.
• Respond to inquiries on case status and conduct case research.
• Assist external customers with electronic filing. Inform customers of required fees, process payments, and issue receipts.
• Provide courtroom deputy relief as needed.